12. The UA&P holds that genuine academic freedom and respect for diversity of opinions can be assured only if the inseparable principles of personal freedom and responsibility are fostered. Hence, the University considers these two principles indispensable in the search for excellence and truth, and makes them the basis of all its research, teaching, communication, and extension work.
13. The UA&P likewise believes that research and teaching require of its faculty a keen interest in the integral development of their students, to whom they will therefore give due attention. The University also expects its faculty to be exemplars of unity, solidarity, and teamwork, shown in deeds of service to one another, to the students, to the University community, and to society in general, thereby reinforcing their genuine authority as pillars of the University as an educational endeavor.
14. The UA&P promotes interdisciplinary programs conducted jointly by Schools, Centers, and Institutes in the University for the achievement of institutional aims. These programs are not isolated entities, but are parts of a whole.
15. The UA&P shall strive to be:
- A community of persons truly committed to the ideals and values articulated in its Credo;
- A place where persons of diverse backgrounds and persuasions work and study together in friendship and with mutual respect; and
- An institution always sensitive to social problems and open to opportunities to contribute to understanding and cooperation.