1. We believe that:
- Education is a lifelong process, and its focal point is and should always be the individual person;
- The primary purpose of education is the integral formation of the human person, the fullest development of everything that is human in the individual;
- it is an essential part of the mission of a school to help and complement the family in the exercise of its educational rights and duties;
- A university must be ever attentive and responsive to the real needs of the community that sustains it, seek to significantly contribute to human progress, and do everything it can to uplift the moral, cultural, and material level of the country and the region in which it operates; and
- A university fulfills its role best when it forms individuals who are professionally competent, creative and enterprising, zealous for the common good, and capable of making free and morally upright choices, and who can thus act as positive agents of change in service to society.
2. We who form part of the University of Asia and the Pacific, therefore, dedicate and commit ourselves to:
- The highest standards of professional excellence in our academic, scientific, and cultural endeavors;
- The inculcation of sound and time-tested human and social values and attitudes in people, beginning with those we work and live with and reaching out especially to those in most need of help in society;
- The creation within the University of an atmosphere of academic serenity conducive not only to disciplined and diligent study, high-level research, and the responsible use of the freedom of scientific inquiry, but also to mutual respect, openness, understanding, and friendship, without discrimination of any kind; and
- Above all the arduous but most spiritually rewarding pursuit of wisdom, the synthesis of love of God and knowledge, faith and reason, culture and life.