With a number of “Build, Build, Build” infrastructure projects in the pipeline, the government is said to be prepping the country for indeed a time of change. With its effects expected to trickle down on several other industries, experts have started to express their insights and market forecasts.
This year, the Business Economics Forum (BEF)—with the focus on the “Build, Build, Build” campaign—is set to serve as the platform for experts from industries such as tourism, investment, banking and construction and real estate, to share their thoughts on the large-scale project.
Organized by the Business Economics Association, in partnership with the School of Economics, the forum is open to the public, and is scheduled on April 28, Saturday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM at the Li Seng Giap Auditorium, UA&P. Currently, the roster of confirmed speakers includes:
- Dr. Aekapol Chongvilaivan, Country Economist for the Philippines, Asian Development Bank
- Mr. Vivencio Dizon, President and CEO of Bases Conversion and Development Authority
- Mr. Ma. Rex Mendoza, Chief Executive Officer of Rampver Financials
- Sec. Wanda Teo, Secretary of the Department of Tourism
- Dr. Bernardo Villegas, Founder of the Center for Research and Communication (CRC)
- Mr. Carlo Asuncion, Chief Economist of UnionBank of the Philippines
- Dr. Peter Lee U, Senior Economist of UA&P School of Economics