The UA&P Science Engineering Management Research Institute (SEMRI) will hold the “1st Physical Internet National Symposium” on November 22, 2023 at 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (PST) at the University of Asia and the Pacific, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. The theme for the symposium is “Meeting the Global Logistics Challenge in the Philippines through the Physical Internet.”
The Physical Internet (PI) is an open and global logistics system based on the interconnectivity of three layers: physical, digital and operational interconnectivity. The PI model adopts the concepts and ideas from the ‘Digital Internet’ (DI) world and applies these to the movement and storage of physical products. The PI has been touted as the future of logistics.
Several distinguished speakers from the government, industry and the academe will give talks at the symposium, including:
- Elmer Sarmiento, Undersecretary for Maritime, Department of Transportation
- Dr. Henrik Sternberg, Associate Professor, Supply Chain Management Department, Iowa State University
- Christian Go, Country Head, Transport – DHL Supply Chain Philippines | DHL Transportation (Philippines), Inc.
- Ms. Joyce Ramos, Country Head Omni-channel Fulfillment, A.P. Moller – Maersk
- Prof. Greg Foliente, 2023 Balik Scientist Program Awardee; Professor, The University of Melbourne in Australia
- Ms. Fritz Jane Araque-Bejemino, Country Director, Borzo-Philippines
- Mr. Charlie Villasenor, Chairman, PASIA- Procurement and Supply Institute of Asia; CEO, PASIA Shared Services & TransProcure Corporation
For a complete list of speakers and more information on the symposium, visit the Physical Internet PH website or Facebook page. The deadline for regular registration is November 10. More details about the registration is available here.
For inquiries, email [email protected].