The University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) is now offering the Family Life Education (FLE) Certificate Program, under the Institute for Marriage and Family Development (IMFD) of the Center for Research and Communication.
The program aims to equip the participants with the content and pedagogy of teaching the dynamics of family life in the school, corporate, or community settings. The course is intended for parents and instructional leaders/facilitators, university academics, corporate human development educators, and community (government and church-based) leaders.
The certificate program, scheduled for 20 Saturdays until June 16, 2018, comprises five foundational modules and seven professional-technical modules.
The foundational modules include the following:
- The Human Person, the Family, and Society (Philosophical-anthropological foundations of family life education)
- Human Growth and Development (Lifespan Developmental Psychology)
- Human Sexuality, Marital Relationships, and Spousal Communication
- Philippine Culture and Social Institutions
- Values and Ethics in Family Life Education
These compose the professional-technical modules:
- Family Law and Public Policy
- Interpersonal Relationships, Family Dynamics, and People Skills
- Parent Education and Family Counseling
- Family Livelihood and Resource Management
- Research and Field Methods and Practices
- Design, Delivery, and Assessment of Family Life Education
- Current Issues and Trends Concerning the Family
The maiden course will hold its first class on January 27 in UA&P.
For inquiries, email Rio Angela Quiza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 637-0912 local 350.