The School of Economics (SEC) traces its roots to the very early days of the Center for Research and Communication (CRC), the University’s forerunner.
SEC was conceived when CRC began offering courses in Industrial Economics and Applied Business Economics.
For more than 40 years now, the School has produced professional economists, corporate planners, and business analysts occupying key positions in private firms and government institutions.
Recognized as a leading economics school and as a catalyst of economic progress in the Philippines and in Asia, SEC has earned a reputation for highly relevant economic research. The major areas of its research activities include the fields of economic forecasting, financial markets, wage determination, and macroeconomics.
SEC confers the following degrees:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business Economics Program (Ph.D. in Business Economics Program)
- Master in Applied Business Economics (Thesis)
- Master in Applied Business Economics (Non-Thesis)
- Strategic Business Economics Program (Certificate and Master’s)
- Master of Science in Industrial Economics, and Bachelor of Arts in Economics
For inquiries, call us at 637-0912 local 367.