Competent, cultured, ethical, global advocates.
The Juris Doctor (Law) Program of UA&P is open for applications for AY 2021-2022. Submission of requirements will be done through email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the streamlined application process section for the list of requirements.
UA&P Law is one of the top-performing law schools in the 2018 Bar Examinations. UA&P came in fourth with a passing rate of 66.67%. You may view the article of Rappler here. UA&P also performed well in the 2019 Bar Examinations with 88.89% passing rate. UA&P has an 85.71 percent passing rate for first-time Bar Exam takers while second-time Bar Exam takers have a 100 percent passing rate. Message from the Dean may be viewed here.
UA&P’s Law program provides training in standard competencies expected of lawyers, such as legal reasoning and advocacy. Following worldwide trends in the field of legal education, and reinforced by its integration within UA&P’s liberal arts orientation, the Law program adopts interdisciplinary and international perspectives in producing competent, cultured and ethical lawyers.
UA&P has the following offerings for those who wish to obtain a law degree:
Juris Doctor (JD). This 4-year course in Law fulfills all government requirements for admission to the Bar. It requires previous completion of a Bachelor’s degree. To view the curriculum, click here.
Lex Honors. Open to outstanding high school graduates, this program compresses the standard pre-law course to three (3) years. Thereafter the student can apply for admission to the Juris Doctor program, which will still require four (4) years and will follow the same curriculum (see above). The program requires a high school average of 85% in order to qualify.
JD students and those in the Lex Honors program are provided with professional and personal mentoring during their stay in UA&P.
The following currently comprise the faculty of the Law program:
Dean Maria Concepcion Noche
Atty. Joaquin San Diego (Vice Dean)
Atty. Delia Tantuico (Vice Dean)
Atty. Jeremy Gatdula (School Secretary)
Justice Roberto Abad
Atty. Imelda Abadilla-Brown
Atty. Irene Mae Alcobilla
Atty. Victor N. Alimurung
Atty. Mary Frances Aquino
Atty. Susan Aquino
Atty. Timoteo Aquino
Atty. Gembeth Basilgo
Atty. Myra Angeli Batungbakal
Judge Marlo Campanilla
Atty. Gerard Chan
Atty. Alvin T. Claridades
Atty. Evangeline M. Co
Atty. Edmundo A. Cruz
Justice Ramon Cruz
Judge Rosauro Angelito David
Atty. Alizedney Ditucalan
Atty. Erwin Erfe, M.D.
Atty. Emma Francisco
Atty. Raymundo Francisco
Atty. Rene B. Gorospe
Atty. James Imbong
Atty. Ryan Laureano
Atty. Luisito Liban
Atty. Dina Lucenario
Atty. Roberto Rafael Lucila
Atty. Fe Macalino
Fr. Cecilio Magsino
Atty. Amado Maralit
Atty. Diosdado Marasigan
Dr. Jose Maria Mariano
Atty. Cristina Montes
Atty. Neil Nucup
Justice Eduardo Peralta
Atty. Rufino Policarpio III
Atty. Elmer Rabuya
Atty. Manuel Riguera
Atty. Eduardo Robles
Atty. Albert Leonard Rodriguez
Atty. Natividad Roma
Atty. Serafin Salvador, Jr
Commissioner Rene Sarmiento
Atty. Maria Leah Sebastian
Atty. Rodolfo Soriano, Jr.
Atty. Melencio Sta. Maria Jr.
Judge Rowena Nieves Tan
Atty. Remigio Ukol, Jr.
Atty. Jose Ronald Valles
Atty. Guadalupe Lyn Vergel De Dios
Atty. Eugenio Villareal
Commissioner Gloria Yap-Taruc
Atty. Michael Henry Yusingco
Each faculty member has a profile in our Faculty and Research page, consisting of their educational attainment, list of seminars and published works, and contact information. Researchers may click on the link, to transfer to the page.
Application Process for AY 2021-2022
Admitted applicants must submit the following for enrollment:
- Official Transcript of Records (original)
- Certificate of Transfer Eligibility or Honorable Dismissal (original and photocopy)
- Duly executed and notarized Affidavit of Fraternity/Sorority Non-Membership Form (to be sent via email)
- Mentoring form (to be sent via email)
Additional documentary requirements for Scholars:
- Three (3) copies of signed Scholarship Agreement Form (to be sent via email)
- Applicants for transfer are treated like all other applicants to the 4-year JD program. They have to pass all the qualification requirements for admission.
- In addition, applicants have to submit a Certificate of honorable dismissal from the previous law school(s) together with the duly filled-up Application Form. This may be submitted at a later date.
- If the applicants pass the qualifications for admission, then they will be admitted provided they start from first (1st ) year and take up all the law subjects based on SLG curriculum.
- Applications for transfer to second (2nd) year may only be entertained based on exceptionally meritorious reasons. Only upon determination by the Operations Committee of the School of Law and Governance of these exceptionally meritorious reasons may the applicants proceed with their applications. In any case, all the usual qualifications and requirements for admission will apply in the evaluation of the applications. In addition, the applications for accreditation of subjects taken in the previous law school, together with the course descriptions, should be received at least two (2) weeks prior to the start of the classes. Applications of this nature will only be considered during the first semester of the academic year. They are considered exceptions to the general policy and will be carefully considered and scrutinized.
- No applications for transfer to 3rd year and 4th year will be entertained.
Merit Scholarships are either granted outright or upon application. Click here for the application form.The deadline of submission of applications is on 05 April 2021.
Honor graduates in the pre-law course who apply within five (5) years from graduation may receive a scholarship consisting of up to 100% tuition fee discount. Honor graduates in financial need may, in addition, receive a stipend.
Application for Scholarship (Documentary Requirements)
- Scholarship Application Form
- Cover letter summarizing the reasons in support of the application.
- Academic essay on an intended research/thesis in no more than 1,000 words. Include a broad background and the problem you wish to address.